Monday 3 June 2013

Spin some yarn

I finally learn how to spin yarn!

Astried was nice enough to encourage me and lending me her spindle (drop) to learn for the few first ones. She also sent some fiber leftovers to me so that i can play with them. It was fun.

I got a hang of it in a while and immediately spun quite "stable" yarn, but i still trying to understand the fiber behaviour. Some of the fiber i tried were long and sticky, some are short and "dry", or even long and bumpy. I dont know if my words are comprehendable, but alas! I started spinning.

I have yet to depart on my first full 100 gram spinning, but i have tried some fibers. I am not that good yet, but so willing to learn and now i am looking for sometime to squeeze the 100 gram spinning into my schedule.



I bought a cheap spindle. After i used them (both cost only US$ 15), i really like it! The wood is soft and stable. Really like the way it feels on my hands.



And, these are my first handspuns. Only 5-10 grams, not much, but i am learning. 



Looking forward for more handspun projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com