Monday 17 June 2013

Red soy cardi

So, my friend gave me her new line of yarn, made from 100% acrylic and it is approximately dk weight. Red color, so daring and bold, and i promised her to write a review.

In this post, i'll talk about the project.

The pattern itself is pretty clear and straightforward. I chose top down since it is relatively simple and less parts joining involved. FYI, i dont like joining parts, so most of the time, i'll do some tricks so that i dont need to do it.

It was quite easy. I didnt get the hang of how it was constructed, so it take a while to stare and imagine the knitting for this pattern. I finally dare to do it and casted on. 

I used the acrylic yarn and a 3 mm needles, which i think is a big mistake. I should've gone to 3.5 mm to 4 mm instead. Knitting with small needle on a considered-bulky yarn is really tiring.

This is how it looks like when i haven't shape it into two armholes:



And this is after joining the armholes part.



Quite easy, i just don't like the fact that i have to rib and made buttonholes. This is my firstime making buttonholes, by the way. Easy but so much hassle! Not to mention with the "worms" after you add the buttons... I should've gone to smaller number of buttons. I put 13. Should've put 6-8 only. Haiz...



Here's after i finished the body. I didnt make any shaping for the bust, and felt bad about it. I should've made one. 



And here's after the buttons and collar was made.



And the end...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com