Thursday 27 June 2013

Jade's darkness, the story

So, joining the shawl knitter group in rav seems to expose me to some trending designers and/or pattern. 

Currently, i have a chance to try out out of darkness.

I used my stashed knitpicks yarn, wool + silk, laceweight and really soft. I like the fact that it is very light in my hands. For this project (without beads), i am happily use less than 1 ball. So yes, this is a one skein wonder. And this means thatvthe shawl weight is less than 50 grams.



About the pattern
Oh, well... I should say that it is written out easy, so it's quite simple to follow. The beading directions also clear, so it's easy for even a beginner... 

But, as an exclusive pattern (trending and it's not that cheap either), I was wishing that more guidance should be provided. I was stumbled with the fact that the picot edging was not detailed much. As in, you just dont know whether it is aligned plor not. Indeed, the picot edging would not matter if it is aligned or not, but if this detail is perfect, you'll be appreciating the design more. 



But all in all, i give this pattern a... 4 out of 5?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com