Friday 14 August 2015

Back to Natural, Beauty recipes

Another post that I never thought that I would post. But... as it is really good... I think I should just write it down, just in case y'all need it.

For those who wants to go straight to the products, here is the product I am using daily:
erha 2 for oily skin (soap)
or alternatively, I use Hada Labo Tamagohada face peeling (also good for make up remover)
or Hada Labo es foaming face wash for sensitive skin

Daily moisturizer
Hada Labo Gokujyun lotion (they have light for oily skin and heavy for dry skin, initially, they only provide one, which was also ok)
or alternatively, I use the Gokujyun alpha anti aging lotion (red colored gokujyun)
Hada Labo SPF 50 UV protection (love it. it does not look like a sticky banana boat and friends)

When my oily skin suddenly went dry
Hada Labo Gokujyun milk (wham!!! dry skin go away!)

When I need to moisturize my skin so it won't be so oily:
Olive oil
Virgin Coconut Oil

When I need to wear make up
Revlon Colorstay Photoready

So, I have a vitiligo and I am a bit paranoid against cosmetics and any chemicals on my face. I am just worry that any of those chemicals will trigger something on my immune system and those immune soldiers will start to eat my melanin again. My dermatologist, who "fixed" my last vitiligo super outbreak (maybe 10 years ago), had given me a coumarin derived medication, forgot what's the name, but it is basically burning my skin so it will tan quickly and return my skin color. It does cover lots of the part that lost its color, around my lips and at the tip of toes and fingers, but it also tanned areas around it as I was not neat enough.

Anyways, back to the cosmetics. My dermatologist continued to give me his cosmetics (he is one of the franchise local dermatologist who produced cosmetics). That cosmetics actually peeled my skin, in a good way (not for the first few months) and well, I can say that my skin looks faboulous. But I feel that is not normal. Once I leave the cosmetics, my skin became dull within months.

I decided... this has to change. I stick to the soap from my dermatologist, which is Erha 2 for oily skin, as I still think that IT IS THE BEST face soap that I've ever used. It never fail me in removing make up, I have never seen any comedo or black heads (or white) outbreak while using only that, so I am perfectly happy with the soap. But I still have issues in finding the best moisturizer and friends.

So while I was in Singapore, I saw this brand called Hada Labo (Indonesian link here))and I thought why it claims that it is the no.1 selling moisturizer (lotion for face, long story, discuss later) in Japan. I was skeptical, but when I saw a Taiwanese TV program talk about it, I was sort of convinced and bought the Gokujyun milk instead of lotion (big mistake, but anyways, I still have it for severe dry skin remedy).

Only after I went back to Indonesia that I bought the full set of Hada Labo Gokujyun during a sale, and found out that the price of this product in Indonesia is so much cheaper as it is locally produced! Can't you imagine how happy I am? :)

I still unable to get my hands on Hada Labo es, for sensitive skin, but I am quite happy with my current access. I got the SPF 50 from my sister (well, it costs SGD 20, sooo expensive, but it lasts for months. Just like my erha 2 that lasts for 6 months at least).

Few months before I left Singapore, I started to use Palmer's skin therapy oil with Rosehip fragrance to remove uneven skin tone. My face is blotchy, like some part of it superwhite and some part of it is tan. Maybe thanks to the peeling cosmetics from my dermatologist + my tendency for vitiligo. I still feel that my face skin tone is still uneven, but you can't really see it unless you are scrutinizing with a strong light. After that, I started to use olive oil (Ginvera Bio Pure Olive Oil), and then I bought a VCO Cocolicious when I went to Manila in May. It's for food actually, but it so damn natural, it smells good, and it doesn't oxidize as fast as Palmer's. Been using that ever since.

To remove make up, I use my olive oil or just a normal baby oil (my fave is johnson's and johnson's baby oil with aloe vera). I put the oil on my left palm, dip my right 3 middle fingers into the oil and massage my face. Be very careful around the eyes, wipe it outwardly. After you massage all of the face with oil, use a cotton ball or ordinary facial cotton, dab a little oil on it, and wipe those make up off your face. After all make up layers have been removed, wash your face with facial wash (warm preferably, but with my erha 2, I don't need to worry about this). Immediately dab your face with towel, and use your moisturizer immediately. For me, I just need to pat my Gokujyun lotion. On days when I feel like I had abused my skin, I will go directly to olive oil or VCO.

I also use the VCO to treat my hair, by mixing it with honey, and leave it for at least 30 mins. Warm it with steam or hot towel, and wash with hot/warm water to ensure complete oil removal.

How has my skin been doing?

Great! I don't have those white or black heads as much as I was before. I usually need to do facial to remove the comedos every 1-2 months. Now it's been 3 months and my skin still feels clean. I just realized how my skin looks after I met a friend who told me that my skin looks great, and that when I am holding my concealer, I have nothing to conceal :p. Humble brag? I hope not. But I sincerely suggesting to use VCO and other oils for your skin. If my supersensitive skin can handle it, I'm quite sure yours should be able too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com