Sunday 12 June 2011

Corset cut t-shirt

My junior asked me to cut t-shirt for her. I got to say that I like cutting for her, since she's a rare kind of Taiwanese girl who knows how to style herself. And she has a good taste.

The t-shirt was a club t-shirt, means that there're probably 50 other people who has the same tee. The fabric itself, it's not as elastic as i wanted, since I think they mixed it with Rayon or something, so I wasn't dare enough to make any big holes.

I decided by making a corset cut on the back. So that the tee will have waist line.
 

First, cut by 1.5 cm at the back, both sides, to make the corset line.



And weave them after pulling all the strings made from the cut.

And since the tee was still too big, I added another corset line. This one is shorter, since I don't want to bottom part to be too narrow, so it won't pulled up when she wears it.



I cut the bottom seam line to make a halter, and cut the sleeves, weave them, and used the sleeves seam line to make a string and bind the shoulder part.

Before I do the finishing touch


I didn't further cut the back and front part, because I want to preserve the printed something (I think it was related to their club).
Removed the neck seams, and made some cuttings to show more skin.

And this is the comparison of original cut, and the the aftercut.

View from the back
View from the front


If you want to learn more about t-shirt cutting, go to youtube, and find itsblitzzz. She has lots of videos on how to cut the tees. Love her cutting style (and tattoos, they're so beautiful!)

ok then... stay tuned and keep crafting! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com