Sunday 23 October 2011

My potato grew...

 I can't believe that my potato grows!

About one and a half month ago, my sister gave me a potato that already sprouted some buds. I decided to grow the potato. But since I don't have any good (deep) planting pot, I used something from IKEA.

So... use a very simple soil mix, I added some fertilizer pellets in the almost top of the soil surface. I made a hole in the middle of the soil, plant the potato, and then close the hole with the soil mixture, add the fertilizer pellet and add more soil. Make sure that the potato is under the soil.

Water regularly and give sunshine as much as you can.

And... this is 1.5 months later.


In my case, the potato suddenly showed up after 2 weeks. I was a bit worried, but apparently it grew ok. So... no worries. If you want to plant the potato and make them produce more potatoes, then you need a deeper pot (maybe about 15 inches?, mine is only 4 inches). Plus... you need to put them on a very good-lighted place. Mine is so small and I just want them to produce leaves. I want the plant to be semi-indoor plant that I can put on my desk.

So, if you have a potato that already sprouted new buds... don't throw them away. Plant them in your yard, or in a container, and have fun! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com