Saturday 1 October 2011

the blanket... 3 months after

 So... I started to knit a blanket for my (was) soon-to-be-born nephew last June. But, well... all the activities and I was so totally busy to knit since I have to finish my thesis and prepare the thesis defense. It was exhausting. I rarely sleep and knitting is something I can't afford (time-wise).

I left school after graduated 2 months later, which was late August, and I run away to Singapore, at my sister's place. And... 10 days after I stayed in Singapore, my sister gave birth of her first son, 3 weeks earlier than her approximate due date. The blanket was still 20% finish.

I'm using Pierrot Yarn Tre, made from cotton, and the color is my fave color: green. I was going to make a block blanket, but after I think about it, a whole blanket without connecting the blocks would be much easier and convenient for me. I did a trial to make a basketweave pattern, so I can predict the approximate stitches I need to make a new chevron lace pattern. The pattern was a 12 sts repeats. Or to be more exact, it is a 11 +1 repeat. I make 12 chevrons in one row, and added garter st at 9 st on each side. This garter st is to make the blanket flat.

Right now, I think I've already reached about 60% of the total length I wanted, and I can't wait to finish this project, since I want to start another projects: scarf for my friend who helped me a lot in Taiwan, and a doily for my teacher.

So far, I like the project, I enjoy knitting the yarn and the yarn is surprisingly "clean". It's easy to work with, and the fabric fell gracefully, even before blocking. I think the yarn is recommendable for lace.

We'll see what's gonna happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com