Sunday 28 July 2013

What to make

While thinking what would be my next project, i am cleaning up my wips.

Still remember this cowl?



Yep, i am trying to finish that one. It's still almost 1 ball of yarn away from finishing. I wonder what made me knit it so long. I am guessing that the needle i used is just too small, so it makes my hands easily tired.

And then, this shawl. I am 2 rows from finishing, but i dont think i will have enough yarn to bind off. So how then? Rip?



I think my next project will use my first handspun. Lace to fingerweight (ahem, inconsistency), i think i can make up to 500 meterish before finishing the 100 grams. I am wondering whether i should finish spinning the whole 100 grams or just stop in the middle and spin again later when i need it. I know the risk of using singles, but my beautiful tiong bahru was knitted from a single handspun, and i love it. 

In fact... In order to prep myself in making the yarn for the first handspun knit, i went out (while feeling ill) just to buy a thermometer. Fun? Indeed! Lucky that i dont need to dye the yarn. Maybe later for my lovely coming soon fiber, i can try to soak-finishing and dye-ing at the same time. Oh i am so giddy!

So, what should i do with my first handspun? I was thingking alohura, but then, swallowtail keeps haunting me and i just want to redo it, because the last time i made it, i used a dk weight yarn. Looks ugly and it can only temporarily blocked. 500 meters should do. Right?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com