Thursday 1 December 2011

Nightsongs has just started

 I've been eye-ing a project from EmeraldEmpress from Ravelry, the project is made from a pattern called Gail (Nightsongs). I like her project because it looked like a peacock feathers. I fell in love with the pattern already, and decided that I should make it with a green yarn. It is just so obvious that I do love green so much.

So, I started few days ago, after I finished my nephew's blanket and socks (I'll upload the socks later). The yarn was already bought months ago. Another product from Pierrot, called Sawayaka, made from 100% cotton and it's fingering weight. I'm using another 4.00 mm circular needles. I guess circular needles and me is almost inseparable right now.

To my disappointment, I didn't understand the pattern from Jane Araujo, the creator of the pattern. So I just go with text pattern EmeraldEmpress used. It was quite clear and easy, although I hate that everytime I want to knit a row, I must see the pattern, rather than just follow the holes. Just like what I did with my summer blanket and all crochet projects.

Anyways... so far, the project is still going on smoothly, and I quite like the result. Although, after I think abot it, if I want to use this shawl as a classy piece, I should've add beads to add some sparkle on the shawl.


Anyways... Hopefully I'm finishing it soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com