Saturday 15 November 2014

My heaven Shawl, border to body and some modification talk

Hi All,

After 2 weeks, finally we got into picking up the stitches for the body. Before you can do that, you should bind off the border first. I chose to do stretchy bind off, as shown by my tutorial for binding off the ginkgo shawl. After that, without cutting off the yarn, just pick up the stitches as I showed on my vid below.



note on modifications:
Don't be afraid to reduce or add the numbers of repeat. I slightly discuss about how to manage the modification in my video, but I'll come up with more elaborated explanation in another post. I must run for my class today (yes... somehow saturdays and sundays is always busy for me :D).

Anyways, the key for the modification of the pattern repeat of the border lies on the adjustment when you pick up the body stitches.

That's all I can say for now ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com