Friday 29 November 2013

Review - needle - chinese metal needles

I bought my first chinese metal needles about 1-2 years ago, when i just left taiwan. I saw the offer of US$ 10 for 11 pairs of circs 80 cm. I thought, why not? So i bought them...

That is one of the best thing i purchase for my knitting. I really like them!

The needle is made from aluminum, anti-corrosive, light weight, and the needle-cable connection is so smooth. The cable itself is actually a metal cable seathed with transparant plastic. Although it is not that flexible, i am quite happy because... Compared to my bamboo needles, i can knit much much much faster already.

I am so satisfied with the needles, to the point when i saw taobao was selling the similar needle, full set of 3 lengths of circs and 2 different dpns length, each have 11 sizes from 2.5 mm to 5.5 mm, and it cost me less than US$ 30, i thought again... Why not? It's 55 pairs and i like the needles. So i bought it, and now... I am 55 pairs of needles richer than before.

So, to summarize:
Advantages:
- cheap
- light weight, doesnt take that much strength to use it
- smooth cable joints
- 11 sizes available ranging from 2.5 mm to 5.5 mm


Disadvantage:
- well, i wish it has more pointy needles for lace knitting
- cable is not that flexible. So if you hve to knit in circle using only a few stitches, better look for a circ with more flexible cable (for me, i have my bamboo needles)

Here are some pics:






Remember... To make a beautiful knitted project, it's not only about the needle, and it's not only about the yarn. How your knitting result is highly depend on how you knit it. And of course, the correct way to block it :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com