Friday 30 March 2012

Spinning. Should I?

Honestly, since SO bought me a preyarn, i have seriously thinking about spinning yarn myself. It seems so lovely to spin my own yarn, and perhaps even making it so unique, that the outcome will be the one and only in the world.

However, spinning is not cheap. Buying spinning wheel is around 360-1000 USD, and if i want to go economic, i can buy drop spindle for 15 USD. But, drop spindle will take me forever to finish even 100 grams of wool.

And i am still tempted.

Being jobless making me feel more and more helpless. I feel like the only reason why i want to get a job as quickly as i can is because i want to buy more yarn. Yaaaaarrrrrnnnn...

Dear god, get me a job with high payment. I need more yarn.

2 comments:

Rina said...

which wheel yang harganya $100? haha pengin tau deh.

um ada bedanya sih sama wheel sama drop spindle. kalo wheel it's more stationary. kalo drop spindle it's more portable thus it could produce more yarn in less time. tapi kalo wheel bisa muat bannyak yarn. jadi biasanya aku spin with drop spindle then ply with wheel.

neneng ceriwis said...

Aha! otaknya sudah ngelindur karena ini ditulis lewat tengah malam! Hihihihihi... supposedly 300 - 1000.

Aku juga lagi mikir antara drop spindle sama supported spindle. Tapi masih mikir-mikir... hihihihi... Di sini ketemu sama orang Indo yang suka pake supported spindle... Quite tempting. Seriously.

Post a Comment

Any questions? suggestions? encouragements? comments? critiques? or ramblings?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com